Position available as Xamarin Mobile Developer
We want to make the beauty of the oceans, and the dangers they face, visible for everyone.
Join Blueye in making premium underwater drones for underwater discoveries!
In Blueye Robotics we develop underwater drones for use in a wide range of industries, research or by private individuals. The Blueye Pioneer Underwater drone is now in production, and the first customers have received their units. Getting our product into the market is just the beginning. Going forward we will continue to improve the product and provide additional value through software updates and new digital services supporting the Blueye Pioneer. To take this next step we need to further strengthen our software team with multiple new roles.
Xamarin Mobile Developer
The Blueye Pioneer Underwater Drone is controlled from an Android or iOS smart phone or tablet. The Blueye App is developed in C# using the Xamarin Platform from Microsoft. We are looking for a mobile developer with experience from developing apps using Xamarin, or with strong Android or iOS platform knowledge who is willing to learn C# and Xamarin.
- Develop new features and improvements for the Blueye iOS and Android app.
- Prioritize incoming feature requests from customers, in collaboration with the rest of the Blueye software team.
- Test and publish new releases of the app to the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
- Develop new accompanying apps such as a spectator app for additional viewers of the live video stream.
- Take part of development of software beyond the app itself, such as the back-end services or support systems like help center, reporting dashboard, web shop and web site.
- Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ work experience required in a software developer role.
- Experience from iOS and/or Android app development projects, preferably using Xamarin.
- Good understanding of tools for automated testing.
- Knowledge of DevOps techniques, tools and platforms to automate build, test and deployment of mobile apps.
- Self-driven and self-managed, with experience from working in a team environment using modern software tools and methods.
- Strong command of English language required.
What we offer:
- A young, motivated team and a great working environment.
- The chance to work in a hardware start-up company with high ambitions and technology that can help make the beauty of the oceans, and the dangers they face, visible for everyone.-
- High degree of freedom and room to use the latest technology.
- Highly varied work days with the opportunity to spend time outdoors at sea testing the Blueye Pioneer.
- Competitive benefits (salary, stock options, vacation, flexible working hours).
About us: Blueye Robotics was founded in June 2015. Today Blueye counts 24 full time employees, with 14 engineers where 7 work primarily with software development. Read more about our story.
Location: Trondheim or Oslo. The technical team is based in Trondheim, and we have a new sales team in Oslo. For the right candidate remote work may be an option.
Application deadline: As soon as possible.
To apply for this job, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Xamarin Mobile Developer in the subject line.