As a full stack web developer at Blueye your main objective will be to our public facing as well as internal web-based systems. Some of these systems include:
- Blueye Website
- Blueye Help Center portal
- Our internal sales and order management system
- System for dive log analytics and management
- Blueye cloud services used by the Blueye App
- HTTP based APIs exposed by the Blunux operating system, running on the Blueye underwater drones
- The Blueye File Transfer application developed in Electron and React
Our web-based system uses a range of languages and technologies, where most of them are developed in C# using ASP.NET MVC and are hosted on Azure. For front-end development we use React, Vue.js and Tailwind CSS.
We have one system developed in PHP and Laravel, and the HTTP APIs on the underwater drones are developed using Python and Django.
We are looking for candidates with experience from, or interest in developing full stack web applications, preferably with some of the technologies mentioned.
In addition to the tasks mentioned above, you'll also contribute to the daily operation of Blueye, which includes:
- Customer service and support
- Creation of marketing material and content such as videos, pictures, and blog posts
- Manufacturing and shipment of Blueye underwater ROVs
- Field testing of new hardware and software being developed
As an intern, you'll receive guidance and mentoring from Blueye employees throughout the project. You'll work closely with our technical team of tallented engineers across fields such as software development, marine cybernetics, electrical engineering, and mechanical engineering.
Blueye is also a part of the Workation summer internship program in Trondheim. Workation offers a unique summer program for all summer interns working at the 25 different partner companies. This program is a unique opportunity to get to know other interns across other companies and expand your network in Trondheim. The last round of the summer program included free activities such as climbing at Høyt&Lavt, Escape Room, and beer tasting at ØX.
We believe a good candidate for this internship is a Master- or Bachelor's student studying relevant topics within software development, cybernetics, user experience design, etc.
We may also offer part-time employment for students before and after the summer internship on a case-by-case basis.
Submit a short application (in either Norwegian or English, along with your academic transcripts and a CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 23rd of December.
Please send us an e-mail at email@example.com if you have any questions about the internship program.